Copy from one sheet to another and copy to the next row

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP

Copy from one sheet to another and copy to the next row



[Bill of Material][1I have a Bill of Material.xlsx. I use to track the fabricated parts, purchased parts and electrical parts to make my life better. The BOM has many different sheets, but I will talk about two of them.

The first sheet is Called "Fabricated" where the drawing number and material, quantity and so forth. In that sheet column A8:A500 has a drop down list. In that list Vishay Redline, is my key trigger word.
The second sheet is Called "Redline Fabricated" This sheet is were I will paste collect data from "Fabricated" so I can print it to give to the design engineers for changes. the array formula is looking for; "Vishay Redline" as the key lookup work. and then copy Cell 2,3,4,. and so on. to the Redline Fabricated sheet. I did make a small change to that Arrayformula from my last post.



Here is my problem which you will see on the sample sheet I will link. if the Arrayformula find the (trigger work ) on, lets say row 27 it will copy that data to the other sheet on row 27. And if the key word is found again on row 29 it will also copy it to row 29.. So row 28 is blank. I want to collect data from one page not matter where its at and paste it one row after the other. So when I print that page, everything will look neat.



The Array formula resides on the Redline Fabricated sheet A8:A500



=ARRAYFORMULA(IFERROR(VLOOKUP("Vishay Redline",Fabricated!A8:W8,2,3,4,5,8,9,23,0),""))



Hope this is a better description of what i am trying to do.

And thanks for taking a look at my project.



Bill of Material





I would add the google-spreadsheet tag
– Cooper
yesterday





Your explanation is confusing. Are you trying to place the Arrayformula data into Redline Fabricated A23? What are you trying to print? What is 'Fabricated Cell A23' and what does it have to do with this?
– Ron Kloberdanz
21 hours ago


Arrayformula





I edited my post for a better description, Sorry if my first post was confusing, this is all new to me. Learning as I go.
– J.Kosch
6 hours ago





1 Answer
1



Thanks for editing the post, and including the sample sheet. It's much more clear now.



Trying to skip blanks with vlookup is not simple (for me at least). I would do it with a query and importrange.


vlookup


query


importrange



Try: =query(importrange("__YOUR SS KEY ID HERE__","Fabricated!A8:W"),"select Col2, Col3, Col4, Col5, Col8, Col9, Col23 where Col1 contains 'Vishay Redline'",0).


=query(importrange("__YOUR SS KEY ID HERE__","Fabricated!A8:W"),"select Col2, Col3, Col4, Col5, Col8, Col9, Col23 where Col1 contains 'Vishay Redline'",0)



This should only bring in rows that have 'Vishay Redline' in Column A.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Executable numpy error

PySpark count values by condition

Trying to Print Gridster Items to PDF without overlapping contents