Why is setting a String in class not possible but getting the String possible?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP

Why is setting a String in class not possible but getting the String possible?



My problem includes an Activity and a RecyclerViewAdapter.
I want to pass the Stringvalue of an Uri from my Activity to my RecyclerViewAdapter.
For passing I am using this Getter and Setter class:


Activity


RecyclerViewAdapter


Activity


RecyclerViewAdapter


public class updateDataAdapter

public String testurl;

public String getTesturl()
return testurl;

public void setTesturl(String testurl)
this.testurl = testurl;




The Recyclerview sends an intent with ((Activity) context).startActivityForResult(); and the Activity uses onActivityResult to receive the intent and RequestCode.


((Activity) context).startActivityForResult();


onActivityResult


intent



Code from Recyclerview .java:


Recyclerview .java


Intent intent = new Intent();

intent.setType("image/*");

intent.setAction(Intent.ACTION_GET_CONTENT);

((Activity) context).startActivityForResult(Intent.createChooser(intent, "Select Image From Gallery"), 1);



The Context is the Activity (Given as parameter at Setting the adapter).


Context


Activity



Code of onActivityResult in Activty:


onActivityResult


Activty


@Override
public void onActivityResult(int RC, int RQC, Intent I)

super.onActivityResult(RC, RQC, I);


if (RC == 1 && RQC == RESULT_OK && I != null && I.getData() != null)

Uri uri2 = I.getData();

updateDataAdapter updateDataAdapter = new updateDataAdapter();

try
updateDataAdapter.setTesturl(String.ValueOf(uri2));

catch(IOException e)
e.printStackTrace();




If I call getTesturl in my RecyclerViewAdapter the String is empty.


getTesturl


RecyclerViewAdapter



That's why I tried different things to locate the problem.



First I set (in my updateDataAdapter.java) public String testurl; to public String testurl = "This is my text"; and calling getTesturl receives the text "This is my text".


updateDataAdapter.java


public String testurl;


public String testurl = "This is my text";


getTesturl


setTesturl



So I tried to replace updateDataAdapter.setTesturl(String.ValueOf(uri2)); with updateDataAdapter.setTesturl("This is my text");


updateDataAdapter.setTesturl(String.ValueOf(uri2));


updateDataAdapter.setTesturl("This is my text");



But in this case the String is empty.



How can I solve the problem and why is my code not working?



Please help me.




2 Answers
2



'updateDataAdapter' should declared class member variable.


if (RC == 1 && RQC == RESULT_OK && I != null && I.getData() != null)

Uri uri2 = I.getData();

updateDataAdapter updateDataAdapter = new updateDataAdapter();

try
updateDataAdapter.setTesturl(String.ValueOf(uri2));

catch(IOException e)
e.printStackTrace();

}



Here you create a new updateDataAdapter. Replace the newly created updateDataAdapter with the existing RecyclerViewAdapter.


updateDataAdapter


updateDataAdapter


RecyclerViewAdapter






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Executable numpy error

PySpark count values by condition

Trying to Print Gridster Items to PDF without overlapping contents